Jun 16, 2019
In this interview, Dr. Drew Byrnes sits down with Dr. Sonny
Spera to talk about practice transition and acquisition. Sonny has
years of experience buying FFS practices and making them
successful. He shares:
- Self evaluation-
A- what type of personality are you?
B -What drives you?
C- how do you feel about decision making?
D- how do you feel
about consequences and making the decisions needed based upon
consequences - good or bad?
- Leadership qualities
A- there are tons of leadership tests that you can take
- DISC test- testing on two simple questions: whether a person is
task or people oriented and whether is he active or passive.
- Briggs-Meyers indicator test-designed to observe how
individuals perceive and react to the world.
- Five Big Personality traits- The five factors are Openness,
Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, and
- Bottom line - If you and your team are gonna go down the toilet
do you want your hand on the flusher?
3. Practice philosophy
- What kind of dentist are you?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses? Clinically and
- How much do you live and breathe customer service? Many say
customer service is key however most do not walk the
- Business v dentistry decisions..- hygienist wants 60 minutes
for adult prophy and you think it has to be 40 minutes due to
the financial climate?
- Scope of practice- what procedures are you doing and what are
you referring? What excites you the most in dentistry? What if any
are areas you want to expand into?
- Group practice? Or solo?
- Hours of operation?
- Do you want to build your barn first or build your house
Do you have a FFS practice? Would you like to be interviewed?
Fill out the FFS Stories request form here:
Dental Membership Direct
Dental Financing Direct
Dental Membership Master Course with Dr. Chris Phelps